MIDLAND COURIER DELIVERY GUARANTEE
If your shipment is not delivered on time according to the service times published for Guaranteed Service, 100% of the transportation charges will be credited to your account subject to the following Terms & Procedures:
- The Guarantee applies to shipments for pickup and delivery within direct service points in Atlantic Canada, Quebec and Ontario only; the Guarantee does not apply to offline points or shipments to Western Canada, United States or Overseas.
- When a holiday occurs on or before the scheduled delivery day, add one business day.
- The Guarantee does not apply to C.O.D., Cash Collect, Chain of Signature, Private Residence, Hold for Pick Up deliveries or Dangerous Goods shipments.
- The Guarantee does not apply to shipments delivered by appointment, or to shipments requiring unusual special handing (i.e. earlier a.m. delivery than normally provided).
- The Guarantee does not apply when a delay is caused by an act, default or omission of the shipper, consignee or any other party who claims an interest in the shipment.
- The Guarantee does not apply when a delay is caused by an Act of God, authority of law, vehicular accidents, strikes, severe weather conditions, highway blockage not within the control of Midland Courier, or cancellation or delay of ferry transportation.
- The Guarantee does not apply on AIR service if delays are experienced at airport(s) due to weather conditions, aircraft mechanical problems or air traffic control delays. Midland Courier will make all reasonable efforts to deliver shipments to their designated consignees as quickly as possible, considering the special circumstances involved.
- Should Midland Courier fail to deliver the complete shipment, only that portion of the shipment not delivered on-time may be entitled to a pro-rated credit of the applicable transportation charges, subject to terms as outlined above.
- All applicable tariff and waybill conditions apply to shipments moved under Guaranteed Service.
- Orientation Labels or Package Handling Labels MUST be used on exterior packaging whenever applicable, such as "This Side Up" or "Fragile" or "Do Not Break Down Skid" or "AIR".
- In the event of a dispute, the records of Midland Courier concerning date of pick-up and date of delivery will apply.
- In the event of a service failure, the account of the customer responsible for payment of transportation charges will be credited only after the following procedures are completed and the claim verified by Midland Courier:
- All claims must be submitted in writing, outlining full details.
- Claims must be submitted within thirty (30) days of receipt of shipment.
Guarantee Terms & Procedures subject to modification without advance notice.